Welcome to My Blog. Here you will find news about me, video, exclusive mp3 downloads, and sometimes text - all done and posted by me (Incisive). If you are new to the blog, make sure you go back in the archives, there are ALOT of videos and mp3s for you to watch and listen to. Enjoy

Download Mixtape

Download My Latest Mixtape Below (Click Tape)


iTunes Links to my Latest singles

Friday 26 February 2010

Simply. Amazing

I think the video below is THE. MOST. amazing thing ever. read first though...

Ive always wondered how many songs can we ACTUALLY make with only 12 different notes in our western scale (A-G including the black notes!) - I mean...we gotta run out of melodies one day no?!?

I mean think of ALL the artists that make music - that is, the thousands of signed artists releasing hundreds of songs individually, for ALL the years of recording, PLUS the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of unsigned artists all making even more songs individually that may never be heard but are still all different and individual... PLUS before we recorded sound, we still used to make music!

It doesnt make sense that they can all be different forever. - Law of probability says that at SOME point, like in Roman times, little Caesar used to sing some song that melodically sounds JUST like "Drop it like its hot"...

I even got DEEP one day and tried to calculate how many different combinations you can hit 12 notes (like A, then B, then C is one combination and  A, then C then B is another etc) nuts but I mean this REALLY fascinates me (I got the answer eventually - 12 factorial...which is 12 * 12 *11*10*9*8etc....) but even that answer doesnt match the number of songs out there...

BUT THIS VIDEO ANSWERS THE QUESTION! 4 chords, 36 songs.
enjoy...

1 comment:

  1. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!

    Alicia Keys,
    Journey
    Blunt,
    The Calling,
    Black Eyed Peas
    ............. wow

    LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY!!!!

    RED HOT CHILLY (i'm watchin as i'm typin)

    MAROOON 55555555555555!!!

    (........ I COME from a LAND DOWN UNDERRRR - 2:50)

    3:15 - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete