Welcome to My Blog. Here you will find news about me, video, exclusive mp3 downloads, and sometimes text - all done and posted by me (Incisive). If you are new to the blog, make sure you go back in the archives, there are ALOT of videos and mp3s for you to watch and listen to. Enjoy

Download Mixtape

Download My Latest Mixtape Below (Click Tape)


iTunes Links to my Latest singles

Sunday 8 March 2009

Not Where but Who...

Encore performance @ Shoreditch House - Watch then read!!!!
(Right click play button for full screen!!)




Ive had a crazy week this week with two quite big performances with shax and his band - on Monday at Shoreditch House, and on Friday just gone, I, Incisive, was live on stage at the Indigo02, again, with shax and his band.  Ive realised something this week that I wanna share with ya...sit up...

I really didnt know what to expect from either of them because truth be told, I didnt know what either what the nights were about!! They were basically Shax's performances that he brought me in to do the "Release" Track on. Thats the reason I didnt REALLY invite people down like that - it wasnt REALLY MY show!! I just happened to be doing one song with shax out of the four that he would be performing.

I did know that I was REALLY looking forward to the Indigo02 performance. I had heard that Shoreditch House is like a private members club and the people that go there are normally "Media" people. For this reason, I was a bit weary because "Media" crowds tend to be the WORST...no interaction, and minimal clapping!!!

The Indigo02 on the other hand has housed BUSTA RHYMES, NAS and several huge acts - it was a student sorta event as well so I was soooo excited about performing there and visualised a crazy "Dr. Dre" type concert when I performed (You gotta visualise your performances!!) - as for shoreditch - I didnt know WHAT to visualise!!!

Now that week is done though, Ive come to realise that its not about WHERE, but WHO.... In reality, the Indig02, even though it was on a huge stage, with proper lights, huge concert speakers, and we were filmed in HD and projected on two HUGE plasma screens for those too far back to see....the audience was DEAD.....Ive heard it all about there being "no such thing as a dead audience"...but na bruv...this audience was DEAD...and they were seated...so they were sitting down and comfortably DEAD!! We done our thing though and performed and that performance is something I will never forget because it was such a big place etc...we got off to a dodgy start but the performance and band was solid...ill have a video up for you later...

Thing is, Shoreditch house on the other hand, with a capacity of NO more than like 300 people compared to the 02's 2,400, was like i said before, the BEST PERFORMANCE OF MY LIFE!!! a small carpeted, non raised area for a stage, no flashy lights, no HD camera and plasma screen projection...just us (the band) and them (the audience)...and by them, i mean the most multicultral and "Colourful" group of people I have ever seen. But they loved good music...they were responsive once we proved ourselves, they interacted and the vibe in this small bar/room was the most energetic vibe Ive EVER felt - I went home literally BUZZING....

So yea....like I said, and I guess this can apply to all aspects of life....dates.....your job....holidays...everything.....

Dont be fooled by the flashy, shiny look of things...because sometimes....its not about where you are....but who you are with!!!

(Feel like Im talking at the end of Run's House huh....lol!!!!)

Nice one!!

'Cisive


1 comment:

  1. God is Love ......

    1 2 uh

    Felt the exact same way. But my perception changed when Indigo2 told us we only had a 10 minute slot, and when Shoreditch House told us we were on last.

    Fun times.

    (they're shottin DVD's of us @ the Indigo2 - £5 a pop)

    ReplyDelete